Welcome to Favorite Freezer Foods:
Freeze Food, Eat Well, Be Well
Learn how to freeze food and you can simplify your life.
Freezing food is the easiest method of preservation, keeps food closest to it's natural texture and flavor without needing additives and this simple technique of making meals ahead can get you eating real food with your family again.
This site is your guide to freezing food, freezer cooking and meal planning with recipes, instructions and community.
Is your kitchen table looking lonely? If you want to have more meals at home with your family even on days when you don’t have time to cook I can help.
I’m Michelle Zack, freezer cook extraordinaire, and I’ll guide you in your quest to start having homemade meals again.
Freezing food ahead allows you to save time, money and be healthier eating homemade meals with simple from scratch recipes.
It’s a bold statement, I know, but it’s absolutely true. Let’s face it; we’re all busy, we all know we need to eat better and we all know that good food and quality meals are essential to a healthy lifestyle.
Pulling a meal out of the freezer is faster than the drive through, delivery or your favorite eat in restaurant.
Homemade meals are cheaper than eating out and since you control all the recipes and ingredients you can rest assured that your family is eating healthy food.
But how can we get home cooked meals made without quitting our jobs or going insane? My solution is to prepare homemade from scratch meals when I have the time and freeze food for later when I don‘t have the time, energy or desire to cook.
So drive past the line at the drive through, put down the phone, step away from the boxed entrees in the grocery store and get a healthy homemade dinner on the table.
What Can You Find On Favorite Freezer Foods?
This site is all about freezing food and all it’s nuances. That includes meals and recipes that freeze well, cooking tips and advice and more.
Whether you’re new to freezer cooking, a seasoned OAMC (once a month cooking) veteran, looking for new recipes for a supper swap or an overwhelmed novice just learning to freeze food you’ll find what you need.
Let’s start with a quick and easy guide to help you navigate your way around.
1) Get started learning how to freeze food.
This section is your guide and reference. Learn the proper freezer temperature, how and why to keep an inventory, what foods freeze well, what containers to use, how to thaw food and a everything you need to know to start freezing meals ahead.
2) Find recipes that freeze.
I don’t believe in secret recipes, any recipe worth bragging about is worth sharing.
Every recipe on my site is freezable and has or is linked to detailed freezing, thawing or reheating instructions. Sure I could share recipes that can’t freeze but you can find those anywhere.
3) Find variations.
I do my best to include variations for those who want to try a new twist on an old favorite or are looking for gluten free substitutions and welcome your suggestions for new variations as well.
4) Join the Community
Use the forms on this site to share your best make ahead meal ideas, recipes, ask questions or help others.
Share your own freezer friendly recipes; tell us how you adapted your family’s favorite dinner into a freeze ahead meal or tempt us with your scrumptious sides.
Q & A:
Ask questions and get answers from someone who’s been there and done that.
Ok, I haven’t tried everything under the sun but I’ve got resources and if I don’t know the answer to your question about how to freeze food I’ll help you find it.
This site is also being added to so if you want to know about a cooking or freezing topic I haven’t covered yet ask away. I do recommend you use the site search before asking because if it’s already covered you’ll get your answer a lot quicker.
Have a different solution or opinion than mine? Share that too, it makes us all better cooks!
Tips and Techniques:
Share the best tips and techniques you use to freeze food.
Do you double meals and share a frozen batch with your elderly parents when you visit them Sunday nights? Make an extra serving to freeze for your college kid? Freeze brown rice ahead and microwave on busy weeknights when you don’t have to time to cook it fresh?
We wanna heard all about it!
I’m an avid reader and have read nearly every book on how to freeze food that there is. In this section of the site you’ll find my personal reviews of make ahead and freezer cookbooks.
It’s the most complete review collection online for make ahead and freezer cooks, some of these books don’t even have reviews on Amazon yet.
Leave your comments on my reviews or write your own.
Join me on Favorite Freezer Foods Facebook Page for even more content. I like to share freezable meals from around the blog-o-sphere, food news and politics, even the occasional cooking video as I happen to stumble across them in my cyber travels.
The page is also set up so you can make posts of your own and share the freezing food techniques and recipes you come across (only available for people who like the page).
5) Freezer Meals: Recipes and More Blog
If you use an RSS reader you can add my blog feed.
If you don’t know what an RSS reader is than just know that the blog page is the one place on the site that gets updated whenever new content is added. A new book review, chicken recipe, question and answer, they’ll all show up on this one page.
So when you come back to the site you can check one page and see all the new content since you’re last visit, or at least the most recent content.
6) Favorite Freezer Foods Ezine
The monthly ezine comes out on the 4th. In it you’ll find updates on the site and a few articles with more unique tips and techniques about how to freeze food, meal plan and more.
You’ll also receive a free printable freezer inventory sheet as my gift to you when you sign up.
- Favorite Freezer Foods Ezine
- Favorite Freezer Foods ezine about freezer cooking, meals, recipes and more.
- Freezer Meals: Recipes and More
- Instructions for freezing foods and free recipes for freezer meals. Favorite Freezer Foods blog.
- Personal coaching with a freezer cooking and meal planning expert can help you save time, money and eat healthier.
- Googel search on Favoritefreezerfoods.com
- Freezer Cooking Getting Started
- Getting Started With Freezer Cooking. Freezer cooking is simpler than canning, drying or any other type of preserving food. It does not require additives to your food or large investments in supplies
- Freezer Inventory
- Freezer Inventory. Organize your freezer meals so nothing gets lost and forgotten ever again. Know what's in your freezer without even opening the door.
- Cookbook Reviews
- Cookbook reviews for the home cook with emphasis on make ahead and freezer cookbook reviews.
- Freezer Containers To Keep Your Food Safe and Fresh
- Quailty freezer containers are the single best investment you can make to protect your freezer meals. Learn about the different types of containers and when to use them.
- Freezing Food Crash Course
- The Freezing Food Crash Course: A guilt-free guide to making evenings more peaceful and dinner more simple for working moms who want to take even better care of their families.
- Freezer Cooking Questions
- Get answers to your freezer cooking questions!
- Your Fabulous Freezer Recipes
- Discover mouth-watering freezer recipes submitted by visitors or shar your best freezer meal recipes here.
- Frozen Vegetables | Frozen Vegetable Recipes
- Learn about the nutrition of frozen vegetables, how to freeze them at home and discover freezer cooking recipes for vegetables.
- Frozen Bread Recipes and Techniques
- Frozen bread and baked goods. Recipes for homemade bread and instrutions on freezing bread.
- Homemade Soup Recipes and Freezing Techniques
- Homemade soup recipes that are great for lunch or dinner with a sandwich,a salad or by themselves. Freeze soup is single serving portions for any meal.
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes For the Freezer
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes | Recipes that you can make ahead and freeze for people with diabetes. Also find information on freezing food, book reviews and more.
- Quick and Easy Chicken Recipes
- Quick and easy chicken recipes you can make now or freeze for later.
- Simple Homemade Marinade Recipes AKA "Dump" Recipes
- Simple homemade marinade recipes are known as "dump" recipes in freezer lingo. Making your own marinade sauce is easy. There's no need to buy expensive marinades or that are full of preservatives.
- Quick Easy Cookie Recipes
- I love quick easy cookie recipes. Check out my favorites, share your own and see what cookie recipe variations others share.
- Quick Easy Dessert Recipes You Can Make Ahead
- Quick easy dessert recipes that you can make ahead mean you don't have a hassle after dinner. What good is a great dessert if you're not relaxed to enjoy it?
- Cook a moist, tender turkey
- Everything you need to know to cook a delicious turkey for a holiday meal.
- Contact Favorite Freezer Foods
- Contact Favorite Freezer Foods
- About Favorite Freezer Foods
- Who's behind Favorite Freezer Foods?
- Ethical Advertising and Disclosures
- Favorite Freezer Foods policies about advertising and disclosures.
- Freezing Corn on the Cob
- Freezing Corn on the cob: Direction on how to freeze corn. Also find freezable recipes, timesaving ideas, cook book reviews and more.
- Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- This cranberry sauce recipe is simple to make and adds a much more elegant touch to your Holiday meal than the store bought variety.
- Meal Planning Ideas |Tips and Advice on How to Easily Prepare a Menu
- Meal Planning Ideas | Simple tips and practical advice to make dinner time easily, saving your time and your precious sanity.